Wednesday 16 January 2013

The Keurig b3000se

Recently our office got a new coffee maker. I can't remember what the old one was called, but it was certainly very slow which was a nuisance if you were in a rush to get back to work. Like most people I need to get my coffee fix at certain times, so the prospect of a new coffee machine got me excited. I normally only review products that I own, but since I use this machine 5 days of the week I don't see a difference.

After getting back to work on Monday 7th January, I was greeting by this sparkling new coffee machine sitting where our old faded one use to be. It stood out like a knight in shining silver armor  waiting to rescue me from the dreadful old machine it had replaced. The blue buttons drew me towards its sleek and futuristic design. It was called the Keurig B3000SE. The name "Keurig" sounded German, so I googled it. I was wrong, it was Dutch. However the company isn't Dutch, only the name is Dutch. They are actually based in North America, and have developed quite a reputation for themselves over the years.

Anyway, this coffee maker is linked directly to the water pipeline, so it doesn't need to be filled with water at any point. It is also quite advanced in the sense that it makes each new cup of coffee at a time. Conventional coffee makers tend to make a pot at a time which can lead to old and stale coffee. With this one you get a fresh cup each time, and you get it in under 60 seconds. It is pretty straightforward to use, and the blue lcd guides you through the basic instructions. There are four different strengths you can choose from, and also four different cup sizes. So far the Keurig B3000SE has done a great job in our office, with almost everyone praising how good the coffee is. I use it on average about 3 times a day, and it makes the perfect cup of coffee every time.

The price of the unit however is without a doubt out of reach of the majority of individual house owners. Being a commercial unit, a quick google reveals prices of just over $1000! Perhaps when I am rich one day I will be able to afford one of these, but in the meantime I'll stick to my cheap instant coffee at home. At least I get to use it during my working day which is when I need it the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment