Thursday 3 January 2013

A look at Townecraft Cookware

Well Christmas has been and gone, and after a long break over December I have decided that it is time to get back to blogging. As usual I received a strange and unique set of presents from my family which is always a good experience. One of the bigger gifts was a full set of Townecraft cookware.

Now I'm not exactly the worlds best cook, far from it, but this new set of cookware has inspired me to perhaps try a bit harder when it comes to making some unique and tasty dishes. My old pots and pans had been bought from thrift stores, and they were really starting to show their age. This shiny new set is made out of carbon steel core, covered with stainless steel, and has a aluminum alloy base for the best heat retention. The packaging says the handles are over safe up to 450F so I might try my hand at a casserole in the oven to test this out!
I have what I think is the basic Townecraft cookware set which consists of 23 pieces in total. There are all sorts of goodies in here including your basic pots and pans, skillets, steamers and broilers. They also come with water retaining lids which means the moisture in your food gets retained a bit better.

I'm not really a big fan of nonstick cookware. In my experience the so-called nonstick coating tends to start peeling after a few months of use which renders the cookware useless, so I'm quite glad that I've got a traditional stainless steel cookware set. Sure, I might have to use a little oil to get some cooking done, but at least I know that this particular set will do the job for many years to come.

So far all the cooking I have done has turned out very nicely. You also get a recipe book, and I have tried one or two recipes from it with some success. Would I recommend this cookware set? This is a difficult question since I have no idea what it costs, nor can I find a price online for it. Assuming it costs the same as a standard cookware set of this size, then I would definitely recommend it. Looking at the quality of the cookware set, it is definitely premium grade stuff.
So far I am very happy with my Townecraft cookware, and if the price is right then I would without a doubt recommend it to any one else!

No comments:

Post a Comment