Thursday 10 January 2013

My new chefmate mini fridge

Another gift I received over Xmas was a Chefmate mini fridge. We tend to buy goods in bulk, so our main fridge is generally crammed full of food that was purchased while on special. Our little lounge / home theater room is used on a daily basis, and someone thought it would be a good idea to store some beverages in there instead of having to dig around the main fridge to try and get some. Being a bit on the lazy side myself, I thought this would work out quite nicely - and it has!
This little fridge is quite limited in size, but it manages to store most of our goodies such as a six pack and various other beverages to keep us going during a movie or tv marathon. For students on a tight budget I can see this working quite nicely for them.

When we first plugged it in, I assumed the unit was faulty as it hadn't gotten very cool yet, even on the coldest setting. However when I woke up the next day, it seemed to have started to behave itself. I'm not sure if all mini fridges take this long to get cool, but this one certainly does. Besides that little concern, it has been working great since then. Our Chefmate mini fridge gets used on a almost daily basis, and besides using it to hold drinks, we also use it to store some frozen desserts for special occasions and a few condiments for when we eat in the lounge. Overall this is a lifesaver for those of you who always seem to be short of space in their fridge, and for those tv fans who like spending long hours in front of the tv.  


No comments:

Post a Comment