Thursday 8 November 2012

Random thought of the day - Vmware

Does anyone else who uses Vmware notice that there is no key to quickly exit your guest OS and get back to your host OS? I find this somewhat annoying. Don't get me wrong, I love Vmware to bits, but this is something that has been annoying me in recent months.
Why would I need to do this? Say I want to change a song playng in WMP, I need to hit three different shortcuts to get back to my host machine, then another two to get back to my guest machine.
If you are working in full screen mode in the guest OS, the quickest way to get back to your host is to hit ALT-Enter (which takes you out of fullscreen mode), then CTRL-ALT (which takes focus away from the guest OS), then finally ALT-Tab to take you back to your host machine.
Surely I can't be the only one who takes issue with this? Can't they implement a hotkey to switch between the host and guest?
I've googled this before to find out if someone has an easier solution to this problem, but it doesn't seem like it. Come on Vmware,  surely you can do something about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment